Sunday, October 8, 2017

Book Week | D-lish Scraps

Hello Hello! I'm back today with a new creation for D-lish Scraps. For this post I was set with the task of creating something based off This months Inspiration Board. Now to say this was a challenge is an understatement, but I got there in the end and am extremely happy with the final result. Lets take a look shall we?


I based my main design off the sketch for the board, and stuck strictly to the colours and placements of items as best as possible. I don't tend to scrap with these colours, so although it was a challenge, it was fun to create with. Perfect for scrapping a photo of Leila dressed as Cat in the Hat for Book Week at school.

Heres a reminder of what the board looked like with sketch included...


I kept to the hexagon shape theme but cutting multiple different sizes from many pattern papers I had in my stash. I sewed them down on the page over the top of the strip of white punchinella.


I popped the photo up off the page with some foam, and kept it plain without adding any extra paper layers beneath. 


Next I added a couple of smaller open clusters using some star shaped creative cuts, backed with more pattern papers, a Little birdie flower, large glitter resin dot, faceted enamel dot and some chipboard chevron shapes that I coloured black by pressing my ink pad into.


In the left cluster I've added a flair button to finish off the grouping. Love all these elements!


Next up I added a puffy alpha title, and broke my machine needle late at night when sewing through them lol I also attached a sequin bow for an extra little pop of red.


Lastly some handwritten journalling and a couple of banners to the left of the photo stack using wordfetti pieces. 

All up this was a fun layout to create, and a cute moment in time recorded. 

I cannot wait to see what you all create using this board so be sure to share with us in the Scrap Suite group on Facebook!

Thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by. 

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x