Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hello Sunshine | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi Everyone! I'm back here today with a new layout share using the beautiful Endless Summer collection for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. The soft sweet pastel colours in this collection remind me of summer which makes it perfect for the Summer theme were focusing on this week.

I've gone back in time and scrapped a cute photo of Leila from 2013, when we enjoyed the warmer months a lot more. It certainly warms my heart to look back on the memories we created in our old backyard, especially this time of year when its freezing cold.



I kept the layout design quite simple, using a strip of COASTAL CHILL paper across the background, then built the title and photo mat layers up across the same horizontal line to give the layout some dimension. I created clusters top right of the layout and bottom left of the photo to draw the eyes attention across the page and finished it all off with a sprinkling of gold ink.
Here's some close ups...



This was a fun cluster to begin with, as it uses a mix of all my favourite embellishments from the collection. To create it I've used pieces from the THIS & THAT cut apart paper, and raised up the pink doily piece with foam tape. The clouds are from the wood Veneers pack and are a super cute addition to the collection. The other items used are the enamel shapes, woodies & blooms



Under the photo mat I've used the reverse side of the COASTAL CHILL paper, along with more cut apart pieces from the THIS & THAT paper. I also included an off cut of the pink doily used in the cluster at the top of the page and some accessory stickers tucked under the bottom of the photo and into the top of the floral cluster.



I added a hint of glitter to the flowers from the Blooms pack, but its really hard to see in these photos. I've included more items into this cluster that are in the top cluster, to help balance the layout.



I've used one of the FREE cut files to create the title using the woodgrain side of the SWEET TREATS paper and raised it up off the page using foam tape to help it stand out a little more. I also included a piece from the ephemera pack and added my typed journalling in the blank space below.
The Free cut files are pretty cool, and can be found on the website HERE



Thats all from me today, I hope this has inspired you in some way to get those Summer photos documented.

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x