Sunday, June 25, 2017

Happy Birthday | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi Everyone, I'm back today with a new layout share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio Inspired by my impending birthday LOL I've used the oh so sweet Make a Wish collection and a super cute photo of Leila from her 1st birthday back in 2011. I couldn't settle on one of my own birthday photos and Leila looks way cuter than I do anyway!!



This ended up being a super quick layout to put together, apart from the fussy cutting of the letters for the title, and a few extra pieces I had cut out that didn't make the layout. I started with the title in mind, using random letters from the words on the Loot Bag paper, combined with the 'happy' word from the wood veneer set in the Love Always collection



I've added foam tape under the thicker parts of the letters to lift them off the page, giving them dimension and making them stand out a little more.

I centred the photo in the top half of the layout and layered papers Party Dots & the pink side of Hip Hooray under the photo with a doily from my stash. I also added the sequin bow from the Bits & pieces pack for a little added sparkle, because who doesn't love sparkle!



Along the bottom of the layout I've used strips of the Daydream & Fresh Cut papers to act as a base for my Cake stand cluster. The floral design on the Daydream paper is by far my favourite of any Cocoa Vanilla Studio papers, and reminds me of a delicate tablecloth. Perfect to place a cake stand onto. The cake stand design can be found on the Party Mix cut apart paper, along with the Celebrate banner.  I added 'decorations' to the cake in the form of a wood veneer heart a glitter dot and a die cut heart. Next to the cake I've added some Bitty Blooms along with a chipboard accent sticker.



Lastly the top cluster on the layout made with items from the ephemera pack, a couple more pieces from the Bits & Pieces packglitter dot & sticker, plus a flair button and another wood veneer heart to balance out the veneer across the layout. You can also see a close up of the 'love this' tab sticker and ticket that are poking out between the layers under the photo.

After the layout was complete I added my journalling and a few splatters of ink, that as usual went a little haywire in places. It almost always goes a little haywire at splatter time lol

Well thats all from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my layout Inspiration. I hope its Inspired you in some way. 

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby page Michelle! With all the paper lines out there....Cocoa Vanilla sure does have gorgeous lines ...such soft magical colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x